The Kensington venture capital team has the experience and perspective required to build real value in this sector from our base in Canada. Our history of industry leadership and active investment has brought us an invaluable network of enduring business partners across the VC sector.
- Kensington’s venture capital investment team is led by Rick Nathan, a Kensington Managing Director. Rick served as Chairman and President of the CVCA – Canada’s Venture Capital and Private Equity Associationfrom 2005 to 2012, and is a Co-Chair and Founding Partner of CIX: Canadian Innovation Exchange, Canada’s leading annual showcase for emerging technology companies.
- Kensington Chairman and Managing Director Tom Kennedy has been investing in venture capital for 20 years and is a current CVCA Board member.
- Michelle Scarborough, the leader of our Calgary office, is the Chair of the National Angel Capital Organization (NACO).
- Nagar Rahmani is the Executive Director of CIX: Canadian Innovation Exchange.
- Kensington Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer and Registered Portfolio Manager, Eamonn McConnell, has 20 years’ experience investing in venture capital, including in the U.K. and Asian markets.